It’s a blessing to be here. It's a special and unique gay and lesbian senior center in the country.
What We Do
Aging in Place
- Address the changing needs of our aging residents and the community
- Create safety net – Progressive Intermittent Frailty
- Coordinate resources & services
- Create a supportive network for residents to maintain independence
Objectives of the Program
- Case management assessment-follow up
- Coordination and management of care
- Collaborate with community resources
- Stress reduction and anxiety strategies
- Access to memory care professionals
- One-on-one case management to address key issues for residents and facilitate linkages to appropriate resources
Programs for Aging in Place strive to allow seniors to remain in their regular place of residence for as long as possible and to minimize the stress and detrimental effects of relocation. By aging in place, an elder can live a more enjoyable life in dignity and health. This is of even greater importance for those who have experienced a life-long stress of isolation, discrimination and injustice for being LGBT and/or living with HIV/AIDS.
Are you a low-income LGBT older adult in need of affordable housing or social services? If so, complete the Housing and Services form to let us know you are interested.
Other Facets of the Comprehensive Housing Care Project Include:
Housing Retention Program
Our goal is to maintain low-income and extremely low-income LGBT seniors in permanent, long-term affordable housing environments.
Health & Wellness Program
Our goal is to maintain optimal physical fitness of residents to increase function, prevent overall health decline and social isolation of LGBT elders.